War, Literature & The Arts Blog is a forum for publishing anything that has to do with the subject of war – Essays, photographs, art, poetry. Currently, it’s being administered by James A. Moad II (also known as Jay), who served as a professor of War Literature at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs until the fall of 2010. He is also a Veteran and former C-130 Pilot with over 100 combat missions. He has published both fiction and nonfiction, has recently finished a novel and is pursuing publication. He spent 2010-2011 in Germany, where wrote and traveled with his wife and two children. He also volunteers with the Warrior Writers program (based in Philadelphia), working with Vets to use art and writing as a means to cope with the trauma of war. He returned to the U.S. in Sep 2011 and will go back to commercial flying for Delta Airlines.
- Christopher Mahon on Building a Community of Veteran Voices – an interview with Seth Brady Tucker
- Lee Burtman on War Literature Books – A List of Ninety-Nine and Then Some…
- Kirby Olson on The Voices of Conflict
- Robert Morgan Fisher on The Voices of Conflict
- Patrick Lee on The Voices of Conflict